1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following types of information:
• information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, the type of browser from which you were directed, the length of visits and the number of page views);
• the information you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, e-mail notifications and / or newsletters;
• any other information you choose to send to us.
3. Use of your personal data
• Website administration;
• Improve your browsing experience by personalizing this website;
• with your consent to send you an e-mail. mail us our newsletter, which we think may be of interest to you (you can inform us at any time if you no longer want the newsletter to be sent to you);
• provide statistical information about our users to third parties, but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
• In the e-shop, payments are processed using the makecommerce.lt platform managed by Maksekeskus AS (Niine 11, Tallinn 10414, Estonia, reg. No .: 12268475), therefore your personal information required for payment execution and confirmation will be transferred to Maksekeskus AS. ”, Payments are also processed using the Paysera platform, therefore your personal information required for payment execution and confirmation will be transferred to UAB Paysera LT.
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
4. Policy Changes
5. Third Party Websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Information on online dispute resolution under Art. 14 par. 1 ODR (Online Dispute Resolution Regulation):
The European Commission enables customers to resolve online disputes in accordance with Art. 14 par. 1 ODR (Online Dispute Resolution Regulation) on one of their platforms. Platform (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr) serves as a place where consumers can try to reach solutions arising from an online purchase and service contract without court intervention.